Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 24

Hmmmmmm What to write about tonight.... I will say that this has been an amazing journey and the lives of my family will be forever changed.  I have tried my best to put into words the hosting experience.  We have been truly blessed to have him in our home for this Christmas season.  When you sign up for hosting you become part of a group that supports one another.  It has been amazing to see God work through the lives of many of these children who would other wise never see the love of God.

I will say that there is really nothing you can do to completely prepare yourself for the journey.  They tell you to go into it with out any expectations.  That is very difficult to do.  We thought we were going into it without any expectations but what we found is that we came into it with negative expectations.  I am not sure if that is better or worse but either way it was an expectation.  When you have expectations it leaves you vulnerable to the opposite extreme.  The opposite is what we got.  I am not sure it was exactly an extreme but we have been completely blessed with this experience.

Today was a day in which he did not really feel that well.  He seemed pretty tired.  He did not get up until very late this morning and spent part of the afternoon in bed as well.  Before he arrived a church donated a large number of Wildlife Story Tellers.  If you have never seen them before they are stuffed animals that contain a solar powered mp3 player loaded with the story of Jesus.  While he laid in bed this afternoon he listened to it for the first time.  After I dinner this evening myself and the older three kids played some games on the Wii  At bedtime, he wanted to listen to the story again.  I love seeing that it has caught his interest, even if it is the last couple of days that he is here.

If you have followed our journey and think that you would like to so Gods love and the love of a family to an Eastern European orphan,  your chance could be coming mid to late February or early March.  The interview team will be leaving on Friday to find the next group of orphans who's lives will be changed forever.  Is God calling you to open your hear and home.  If so,  you can like New Horizons for Children on Facebook or their website.  I am sure I will revisit it again as it becomes available so You can check back here as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment