Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 29 - Cabin Fever!

Today was day 8 of the chicken pox.  8 days in the house = kids and a mommy going stir crazy. We decided we had to get out of the house tonight.  As we were all loaded up in the car and headed out, Linda told me that it felt good to actually have real clothes on and out of the house.  So are you wondering where we went?  We went somewhere that he has never been before.  We took him to the Japanese steak house.


If you have never been before I would suggest it.  It is a fun little show especially when you are with someone that has never been before.  He was in awe of the big fire ball in the beginning.  The chef also did a couple of pretty cool things with some eggs.  One of which if flipped it around a couple of times and then up into the top of his hat.  He then pulled another egg out and flipped it around a few times and then flipped it up between he and Caden.  They both looked at each other with a look on their faces like oh no you were supposed to catch that.  It was to cute.  Caden then picked up the plastic egg off the floor and everyone had a good laugh.  Aunt Colleen joined us this evening and as we were leaving he said in his cute little l@tvian accent in clear english "Goodbye Colleen, I love you". When we signed up for hosting, I was prepared for him to show us zero emotion, I was prepared for him to be even more guarded than he is.  I never thought that he would tell us he loves us let alone someone that he has only see a hand full of times in the time that he has been with us.


As we drove home this evening we were talking about the fact that the end of our time is coming.  We talked about how this week it feels like it is harder than it was at this time last week.  I thought that it had to do with the fact that we had a glimmer of hope that he may have another week with us due to his chicken pox and the fact that we know that this week is our last week.  We also experienced everyone going through the pain of putting their children on the airplane that we have been on this journey with.  There were 7 families that picked up their children in St. Louis and only 6 that put them back on the plane this past Saturday.  We are the only ones that will be dropping our child off at the airport on Saturday.  I know that it is going to be very difficult to watch him walk through security, but that is something I can not dwell on at this point, so that I do not rob myself of the precious moments that we still have ahead of us.



1 comment:

  1. 1. Every family needs an Aunt Colleen!
    2. Cool place to eat.
    3. Linda, I miss you!
    4. praying.

    ReplyDelete