So about God's timing. We thought we knew when would be good for us to go. We thought that the middle of September - October. Turns out that would have been a terrible time for us. Over the past 48 hours the number of blessings that we have been made aware of is crazy. We received a letter from our agency with a list of donors and the total dollar amount that had been sent into them on our behalf. The amount was larger than we thought it was. We had multiple people in the last 48 hours let us know that they were helping us out, and to top it off last night we were blessed by our amazing Church. Last night was our quarterly business meeting, we were sitting in the pew expecting to talk about normal Church business when we got to the new business portion of the meeting our church voted to donate toward our adoption. Linda and I were stunned. My lip started to quiver and tears began to roll down Linda's cheek. We did not expect this at all. It is absolutely awesome to see our Church come along side us and support us in this way doing exactly what the Church is intended to do. The donation was added to our puzzle filling in the middle of our puzzle and it will be a great reminder to us and him that he has an entire Church supporting him along the way.
After coming home from Church we pulled the puzzle out and added all of the pieces that we needed to add After adding those it left just 9 pieces left in order to complete the puzzle. About 20 minutes before I got the email with our dates, I received a message saying that we could count the puzzle as done and that the funds were being sent to complete the puzzle. WOW, I was blown away.
After talking about all of this timing stuff, I then went back to look at the statistics on our blog and I noticed that it was 1 year ago tomorrow that I wrote our first blog post. Are you kidding me? I could have started writing this blog on any day. This time last year I was thinking that we were going to be finding him a home, and that we were going to show him Christs love and what a family was like, and that one of our friends, or someone that read this blog would be the ones that would fall in love with him and adopt him. 1 YEAR AGO, It amazing to look back on that first blog post and see where we were, and see where we are now, and see where we are going.
After talking about all of this timing stuff, I then went back to look at the statistics on our blog and I noticed that it was 1 year ago tomorrow that I wrote our first blog post. Are you kidding me? I could have started writing this blog on any day. This time last year I was thinking that we were going to be finding him a home, and that we were going to show him Christs love and what a family was like, and that one of our friends, or someone that read this blog would be the ones that would fall in love with him and adopt him. 1 YEAR AGO, It amazing to look back on that first blog post and see where we were, and see where we are now, and see where we are going.
We are so incredibly humbled and grateful to everyone that has helped us get this far. We still have a ways go, but I just wanted to take a moment to recognize Gods PERFECT plan and timing. Now we work on getting our travel plans together and figure out what happens next!
Amazing God!!!!
ReplyDelete