Monday, December 10, 2012

6 Days


Six days from now... actually 5 days and 23 hours from now we will be meeting a boy that we have been praying for, for the last 6 weeks.  As the time has gotten closer it is becoming more and more real.  Tonight we received our information from our airport coordinator that is in charge of getting us all together in the same spot so that everyone is on the same page and in the same location when the kids get there.

As pickup day draws closer we get more insight as to what it takes to run a hosting program.  I am guessing that I do not even know close to everything and everyone that works behind the scenes and getting everything in line.  I do know that there are quite a few people that do ALOT of work, most of which goes unnoticed.  It is amazing how much goes into allowing these children the opportunity that they are about to receive.  The countless hours that go into getting them here.  When you sign up to host you work with the coordinator in your area.  When we were initially looking through the photo listing and narrowing our choices I had no idea that our coordinator had a full time job on top of answering all of my emails.  

The other people that I am amazed with are a group of people that I have not met, and of which I will only meet one.  This group of people are AAI Reps (they are Airline Ambassadors, off duty flight attendants), they volunteer their time to help the program by flying with the children to the cities that do not have chaperons on the plane.  I would think that this would be a very difficult job trying to lead children and keep them together in a group when you do not speak their language.  We will have an AAI Rep flying to St. Louis with the 7 kids that will be flying into St. Louis.  I am very thankful for the representative that is volunteering her time to do this for us.

I can not wait to see the other families that are doing the same thing we are.  We will be able to share stories and knew exactly what the other families are going through and thinking.

Excitedly, anxiously, nervously awaiting their arrival in now 5 days and 22 hours!





No comments:

Post a Comment